Sunday, April 24, 2011

A.A. Anniversary Letter Worth Repeating

Hello Dick,

Congratulations on 25 yrs. of sobriety. Thanks be to God, our Bible and our AA. founding fathers. Thank you for all you do. I'm so happy to hear about all the books you write telling the REAL FACTS of our founders and how so many got sober by following the christian way. I am a born again Christian and was baptized after I got going to AA and church. I only wish we could sit down and talk about our way of life. I started my meetings in 1980 so I have been at St.Thomas Hospital,Kings School,Founders Day,Dr. Bob's house and so much more. I live in NM now and find the meetings full of cursing and not much talk about God. I was taught by the old timers in AA in the Akron, and Cleveland, Ohio area. What a gift to have a second chance at a life we never dreamed about.Many wonderful blessings have come my way and I will forever sing HIS praises.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN AND PRAYERS FOR MANY MORE.

I GET YOUR EMAILS AND AM EVER GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE HISTORY OF AA. THAT YOU AND YOUR SON HAVE MADE KNOWN. I especially like Ann's Journal and re-read it from time to time. I have THE GOOD BOOK-BIG BOOK GUIDEBOOK ALSO.

I would love to meet you. I have a grandson living in Hawaii so I'm praying for the funds to make the trip to visit both of you.

God richly bless you. Thank you again for your wonderful example.

Regards and In His Name Jesus,

Iva N. 08-28-1980

No comments: