Monday, September 02, 2013

Recovered Christian from Virginia Writes of His Devotion to Bible-based 12-Step Recovery

Robin Delaney from Falls Church, Virginia

My name is Robin Delaney - Just to give you a little background on myself:

I have been a student of Dick B. for many years. "The Good Book and the Big Book" has been the single best resource for my study of the pioneer days of AA and how the program is based in the Bible. The other articles on his web site have been indespensible.

My history in recovery

New Hope Church – Lorton, VA (www.newhope.org)
I have been a part of New Hope since 1994 – Leader- Men’s Small Group for about 10 yrs, - Coaching Small Group leaders for 4yrs and now work with Director of Small Groups . In Aug of 2011 I came on staff full time working as Facilities and Ministry Support Manager – I currently serve in our Youth ministry and Worship team

Secular Recovery –
Sober since 1994 – involved in AA as chairperson, sec, meeting leader, 2 yr BOD at Independence Club – Started "123hope" an open/step AA meeting at New Hope Church / District 21 Springfield - Currently GSR for 123hope group.

Christian Recovery –
2005 - Started a Big Book/ Bible Based 12 Step recovery group “ As We Understand Him” at Independence Club, Springfirld, VA – Meeting is now lead by Lou Prebe and sister group was started and is growing in Hagerstown, MD by one of the former members.

Christian Recovery has always been on my heart and am confident God has called me to this specific ministry since I heard of it in the mid 90s. I believe God has provided the right time and a very suitable location for Him to grow a thriving and life changing recovery ministry. I am assembling a team to launch a Celebrate Recovery Ministry in the Fall at New Hope Church

Glad to be here.
RobinD is offline  

No comments: