Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Bill W.'s mention of "Christ" and "the Master" in a letter he wrote in 1940, quoted on page 114 of "As Bill Sees It"


Bill W.'s mention of "Christ" and "the Master"

in a letter he wrote in 1940,

quoted on page 114 of As Bill Sees It

 

By Dick B.

© 2015 Anonymous. All rights reserved

 

 

In a letter Bill W. wrote in 1940, he stated: "At first, the remedy for my personal difficulties seemed so obvious that I could not imagine any alcoholic turning the proposition down were it properly presented to him. Believing so firmly that Christ can do anything, I had the unconscious conceit to suppose that He would do everything through me--right then and in the manner I chose. After six months, I had to admit that not a soul had surely laid hold of the Master--not excepting myself." [As Bill Sees It (New York, NY: Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., 1967), 114]

 

Gloria Deo

 

No comments: