Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alcoholics Anonymus and a Chaplain's Mission


Alcoholics Anonymous and a Chaplain’s Mission

 

Dick B.
 
Alcoholics Anonymous and a Chaplain at Atlantic City Rescue Mission - A thankful Christian worker tells of his appreciation for our Alcoholics Anonymous History research and writing.
 
Dear Dick,  It has been a while since I wrote you, I have been trying to absorb and understand the books you sent me. Soon I will be ordering two titles, The Akron Genesis of AA and The Conversion of Bill Wilson.  All I can say for now is that God is faithful, and your writings will live on for years to come. So much more will be revealed through your research. Others, like me, need time to assemble all this in our minds. And as you said, the study of Anne Ripley Smith and her role and teachings are an untapped resource for some great research. As always I just want to thank you so much for your faithfulness, on a personal level my recovery has been strengthened through your work. I have busied myself reading and working with others, much of what you have written is only now beginning to gel in my mind and I am passing it on. I struggled for years with the admonition to not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, that has changed after reading your books and knowing the Big Book comes from God's word.  AA is my mission field and the fellowship I love, as you do.  Being a Chaplain in a Rescue Mission is strenuous work for the Christian so the help you give me is magnified and I wanted you to know that.  In Christ,  Chaplain Jim Gantner   Atlantic City Rescue Mission   PS, Et verbum caro factum est.  John 1:14  and the Word was made flesh. (Any Attorney loves a good Latin phrase). May God bless you with continued good health and strength.  

No comments: