Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rumor of My Demise Highly Overstated - in fact ridiculous

One aging AA who has spent years trying to suppress my A.A. history writings (without success) has just launched a new straw man. He claims I am about to enter a nursing home.

Not true. This provides me with another opportunity to state:

1. There are no nursing homes on the beach or oceanfront at my Kihei, Maui, condo.

2. There are no nursing homes out on the ocean where we watch the whales dive and sport daily.

3. There is no nursing home where I am speaking Saturday at the Betty Ford Awareness Program.

4. There is no nursing home at the U.S. post office where we are busy shipping out the 350 new book cases to bless folks in Canada, UK, and US who are seeking them.

5. There is no nursing home at the print-on-demand facility where we daily send your orders for new books out of the total 42 I have written.

6. I was told, though, to be kind to my children because they would select my nursing home. For that reason, I am the epitome of kindness to kids - and will be for many years to come.

God Bless, Dick B., Executive Director, International Christian Recovery Coalition.
www.ChristianRecoveryCoalition.com

No comments: